Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Top Ten Reasons why I love Book Blogging

Top Ten Tuesdays is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!

THIS WEEK'S TOPIC IS: Top Ten Reasons why I love being a book blogger/Reader...
BLOGGERS
1.) The other bloggers... This is one of those duh moments... Getting to talk to people who love books and genuinely care about what you're saying is an amazing feeling. I love the fact that I have friends that I can so easily relate to, even if I've never met them in person before!

2.) Sharing my opinion~ I love being vocal and telling people what I think so for me that's a big part of blogging, being able to say that this book was AWFUL or that this book was AMAZING.

3.) Being able to work with authors~ For most of my life I've idolized authors. To me authors are kind of like movie stars. And as a blogger, I've been able to work with some amazing ones and that has been incredible!

4.) It gives me something to do in my spare time besides reading. If I didn't blog I would read... Or more likely I would just end up wasting even more time on my computer doing who knows what! (I know that seems impossible right?)

5.) I love working with other bloggers. Yes this is different then blogging friends. Working with other bloggers has been a spectacular experience, and some of those other bloggers I barely know, but quickly they have become friends!

READER
6.) As a reader I LOVE being able to escape into other worlds. Getting the chance to read about things that would never happen in real life is a great feeling. 

7.) I also love getting the time to read because I kid you not, I am that much more prepared in English class. I learn some of the randomest things while reading and sometimes in school a question about one of those things comes up and I look like a genius because no one else knows it but me. I also understand things A LOT better because of reading. For example: Without reading 1984 I would NEVER have understood any of the societal problems throughout the Soviet Union.

8.) I also love being a reader because I feel really safe at night. As a reader I have a bazillion books just chilling in my room and if anyone ever broke into my house and came into my room in the dead of the night I have many things to swing at them.... SUCCESS!!!

9.) As a reader I can experience things that non-readers CAN'T. I mean can they say that they've traveled on a flying beast during World War One, or seen angels fall from the sky as the world ends, or a million other things? NO THEY CAN'T, BUT I CAN!!!!

10.) I'm like, 30000000 times more prepared for the apocalypse than they are. Sure they might watch Walking Dead and know a few measly things about survival, but I? I know it all. I could so survive this apocalypse.....

ANYHOW... That's why I love reading and blogging... 
WHAT ABOUT YOU? Why do you LOVE it????


8 comments:

  1. Niiice! I love reading and the escapism as well! Blogging has been fun because I finally found people who share my reading interests! Love everything about it!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Definitely! Blogging has been such an amazing experience because of all the friends I've found!

      Delete
  2. Your list made me smile. Your reasons are kind of amazing. :) I agree, reading and escapism are two of the best things ever.

    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And YES! Reading and escapism are both WONDERFUL things!

      Delete
  3. Great picks :) Being able to escape into a good book is such an incredible feeling, it's why I can't go a day without picking up a book. I laughed so hard at your last point... it's so very true, I AM PREPARED :D My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Escapism is truly a wonderful thing! YES! You are so prepared! I'm telling you this is the top reason as to why people should read!

      Delete
  4. Good list, I agree with the whole reading lets you escape to another world which is great and then I also agree with reading can teach about a lot of random things that you wouldn't otherwise learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! There are so many random things that books have managed to teach me!

      Delete

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!