Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: The Taking

Waiting by Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine!
This post highlights a book that I am dying to be released!!
THIS WEEK I'M WAITING ON:
The Taking
By Kimberly Derting

The Taking (The Taking, #1)  


A flash of white light . . . and then . . . nothing.

When sixteen-year-old Kyra Agnew wakes up behind a Dumpster at the Gas ’n’ Sip, she has no memory of how she got there. With a terrible headache and a major case of déjà vu, she heads home only to discover that five years have passed . . . yet she hasn’t aged a day.

Everything else about Kyra’s old life is different. Her parents are divorced, her boyfriend, Austin, is in college and dating her best friend, and her dad has changed from an uptight neat-freak to a drunken conspiracy theorist who blames her five-year disappearance on little green men.

Confused and lost, Kyra isn’t sure how to move forward unless she uncovers the truth. With Austin gone, she turns to Tyler, Austin’s annoying kid brother, who is now seventeen and who she has a sudden undeniable attraction to. As Tyler and Kyra retrace her steps from the fateful night of her disappearance, they discover strange phenomena that no one can explain, and they begin to wonder if Kyra’s father is not as crazy as he seems. There are others like her who have been taken . . . and returned. Kyra races to find an explanation and reclaim the life she once had, but what if the life she wants back is not her own?



RELEASE DATE: April 24th 2014


Why I'm Waiting: This is another of those lovely books that  partly want to read because of the fabulous author! Kimberly Derting is without a doubt one of my all time favorite authors and the premise of this book sounds beyond fantastic! I am so excited for it's release!

What are YOU waiting for????



 

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes! I soooo cannot wait for this one! It's getting mixed reviews, but I still have to read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!Sounds interesting. I haven't heard of this one before but glad you shared it. I'll be checking it out! Here's my WoW if you'd like to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read this one! It was a nice read. I really like Kimberly Derting because I loved The Pledge (I have a Goodreads shelf titled "awesome" and that book is on it). I wasn't a fan of The Body Finder series, though. I think you'll really enjoy this one, Cal!

    Here's my Wow.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment, about anything really, you will make my day, maybe even my week if it's a really great comment! =D Anyhow I will try to respond and if you have a blog, leave me the link! I would love to check it out!!